The Quality of train shows today
I think it depends on what region you live in.

Up here in Ontario, there seems to be several big shows every year. By big I mean big regional shows, 1000 - 1600 people over a weekend.
I know that is small compared to the WGH on tour shows. But when you have one every 6 weeks or so it makes a difference.

They are all similar, but some put focus on different areas.

The last one I went to was Barrie (mid-Feb.). It was large, 1600+ people, scales from N through G and even a live steam display.
The vendors ranged from serious model railroad vendors such as myself and Hobby-Work, the local Micro-Mark dealer. There was a fellow selling railroad art and one selling prototype memorabilia. Down to a guy with old junk on a table for flea market pricing, to a guy with old boks and videos.

But now much information.

The next one April 10-11 is in Lindsay, a smaller venue, but well attended, they put more emphasis on inforation. The local NMRA folks will be there and will put on seven clinics to help educate model railroaders.

Most try to limit the junk and toy dealers as we have several quality vendors in the area.

Other big ones are in Midland in May, Bracebridge in August and Brampton in September. As well as the big Toronto one in Dec.
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->

Messages In This Thread