The Quality of train shows today
I'd like to put my 2 cents in here, I have to agree with alot that has been said.
The last show I was at was billed out to be this great thing. Cost 10.00 to park 7.00 to get in you went down stairs to a basement in the stadium in this cramped room with all the dealers on top of each other. The prices where either close to retail or the same as if you purchased it in a store. People where rude and jammed into each other. It was just a waste.
I use to like going to shows you could find good discounts, friendly people, odd items from ma/pa manufactures.

Now I'd rather just do the Hobby shop or just buy online, the shows just arent there anymore.

Id have to agree with Tom; kids now adays could care less about using there minds and hands to build something. We have a train display at the town museum evryone is invited to help and see any age,race male or female, you hardly see and kids come down anymore. When the do come all they want to do is play on the computer, cell phone nd Ipods.

But this is also our faults as well, the schools take shop out of the class schedule, almost no employers offer apprenticship programs anymore so there is no hands on for kids to learn the trades and skills we all know.
We buy our kids video games and computers,and calculators(school requires them) there is a TV and VCR in everyroom. Most of the times we are either to busy working to pay bills or just plain old beat by the time we get home to do much with our kids. Family time and quiet nights are things of the past.
Sometimes I think TECH has taken to much away from our lives.
It seems to be true though that Modeling will always be around, it just doesnt seem to get hold of kids till the get older and relize there is more than just computers out there.
But these are just my ramblings!

Messages In This Thread