The Quality of train shows today
Quote:I have already put in my 2 cents but as I was reading the last couple of comments I got to thinking. How hard and expensive is it to do a train show? Now if I were to do it I think I would ask other modelers what they look for in a show and try to do what they suggest. Also it would be a train show not a toy show or craft show.

we had some pretty good ones recently (no pics unfortunately as I left my work phone at home)

one completely filled `warehouse shed' and a 2nd partially filled

I got to chatting with one of the operators (heard him talking electronics and my ears pricked up as thats what I am into LOL)

dont know about stateside- but here in Aussie it was actually so expensive I was shocked

there was the hiring of the sheds (that worked out about $500 per club :-O )

then the public liability insurance was another 200 bucks per club there

transport (some clubs hired pantech trucks and drove 3 to 4 hrs to get there, and had quite a few members that had driven their own cars as well)

for some of the smaller clubs that only had 4 or 5 people there- that was a couple of hundred dollars each they had paid to get there

even for the bigger clubs that werent local, they had motel accomodation for the 2 day show (1 club had over a dozen people from 200km away...at least 6 motel rooms if they dont mind sharing a room at 140 bucks a night per room)

if any of them made a cent out of it, i'd be shocked

most probably paid a couple of hundred or more to be there

scary...
poopsie chicken tush

Messages In This Thread