The Quality of train shows today
Russ,As I mention I went to 5 shows last year and enjoyed each one in its own way..However,2 of those shows stand out in my mind as great shows the Berea Show(4 buildings) and the Dalton show 1 extremely large building..Plenty of good deals was to be found and plenty of room even though I was bumped into several times and I almost fell over a guy in a wheel chair that was easing up to the table as I turn to walk away.A most embarrassing thing.. :oops:

The other 3 was good shows overall but,not as big.

I suppose any train show amounts to several things including what we put into it.One of the guys that rode with us to the Berea show complain he couldn't find any "deals" yet,I found many had I been focusing my hunt on HO and not N..The difference is he rush through the show and I took over 2 hours to view the tables in those 4 buildings as did the other guy..

Russ,About vendors dress codes..A vendor will more then likely unload his own vehicle and set up his table(s) and I can understand why most don't want to dress like they was going to Church.Casual dress is a must for vendors for several reasons especially for the amount of work involved hours before the show.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread