Charlie b's layout
(03-05-2019, 09:32 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie: My father was principal of the Perth Collegiate at that time. The head of the school board had a farm in Innisville -- before the river, last one on the right -- so I was out there a few times.
At that time, Hwy 7 ended at Perth. Hwy 15 came from Smiths Falls, through Perth, then out to Carleton Place and Ottawa. After we left Hwy 7 took over the road to Ottawa and 15 ran straight from Smiths Falls to Carleton Place.
There is a big new bridge across the Mississippi now.

(For anyone else, do not confuse Innisville with Innisfil.)

My first trip was in 1959 and the road did go on through, though I don't know when they changed the route. I have been there many time since the new highway was done but I haven't been there since 1981. My brother and the rest of the gang still go but they have to stay at the other end of the lake at Carelton Place. My brother tries to get reservations at McColoughs landing but isn't all ways successful.  We have a bunch of movies but nothing but a bunch of kids having a good time and pictures of the great catches of small mouth and pickerel. 
I do hope I can get back far a couple weeks some time just to fish and enjoy the memories. Many of the friends we made are now dead. 
Thanks for the information. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread