Charlie b's layout
Charlie B Wrote:
tetters Wrote:Another 1:1 scale structure build! How exciting.

Are you going to get a proper pad poured for it?
That is the beauty of a pole building, you don't need a concrete floor, the poles are put in below the frost line and you don't even have to level the ground real well, you just have to start the siding level . The kit includes skirting to use where the siding is a little higher off the ground.
My legs can't take being on concrete for more than a few minutes so I am putting down a wood floor that will eventually have the soft rubber matting. (the floor will be up off the ground.)
I could have gotten the steel roof and siding a little cheaper, but that kit would only have trusses on 4 foot centers, and open steel will sweat to the point water drips, so I would have had to buy extra trusses, and with the wood/shingles there is a tiny bit more R factor.
I have figured 8 inches of insulation in the walls, which will be about R24 and blown in for the ceiling to about R40. There will be a vapor barrier under the floor too.
Charlie

I should have guessed. I have plans for a 10 x 12 tool shed in my backyard that will be built on concrete footings as well with a wood floor just off the ground.

Just out of curiousness, how many footings will you have to pour to support your building?

Messages In This Thread