RobL's Layout
GEC: Yep, thats a B23-7 in the pics... I know what you mean about the geeps... thats all we saw here in Buffalo too during the Conrail days... I also have a Green Mountain Railroad GP-40 that I will be running on the layout... I need to upgrade the decoder to get some sound in that one though! I chose to model a New England (specifically Vermont) style layout because I love the natural beauty of that area along with the fact that the small towns and villages don't look like they have left the late 1800's yet... something magical about modern meets old times... My wife and I have made numerous trips in the fall to New England and that love of the area determined my fate when thinking about a new model railroad. Last time we were up there we rode on the Green Mountain Railroad Foliage train... it was in I think 1940's coach cars pulled by an old RS-11... I think that have an old steam engine too but I believe they generally run the RS-11... anyways, the natural beauty winding through the rural areas is just stunning and I hope to capture some of that on my layout.

Trucklover: Thanks for the comments on the benchwork... I had some old 2x4's laying around so I used them as the legs and the rest of the benchwork is 1x3's... I made sure it would support anything I put on it by putting through the ultimate torture test... I sat on it! 357 If it can support my 200 lb frame, I am quite sure it will handle whatever scenery I throw at it. The track plan was the result of about 5 months of playing around with Empire Express on my Mac, and then some ad-lib changes as I started building. This was the first time I have ever used flextrack and I am quite happy with the results so far... much to my surprise the thing runs smoother than anything else I have ever built... even some of my suspect rolling stock manages to stay on track.

Thanks for the comments! I have enjoyed looking at each of your progress and work and I hope I can provide the same enjoyment to the board as you guys do!

--Rob.

Messages In This Thread