RobL's Layout
RobL Wrote:Trucklover: Thanks for the comments on the benchwork... I had some old 2x4's laying around so I used them as the legs and the rest of the benchwork is 1x3's... I made sure it would support anything I put on it by putting through the ultimate torture test... I sat on it! 357 If it can support my 200 lb frame, I am quite sure it will handle whatever scenery I throw at it. The track plan was the result of about 5 months of playing around with Empire Express on my Mac, and then some ad-lib changes as I started building. This was the first time I have ever used flextrack and I am quite happy with the results so far... much to my surprise the thing runs smoother than anything else I have ever built... even some of my suspect rolling stock manages to stay on track.

Thats a very well built and sold workbench you have built, which is always a plus, unless you ever want to move it Icon_lol Icon_lol Most of the time i use 2x4's and rip them in half so they are a little less then 2x2's after they have been planned and squared off. Works good for me, and i usually finish it all off with a 1/2" sheet of plywood and then followed by a layer or 2 of foam. This is how i did my old layouts. My Shelf layout, i just hung up a bunch of 15" heavy duty shelf brackets with some ply on top secured with carriage bolts. Anyways, enough of my rambling lol

Empire Express, now that is a GREAT program, i got it a couple months ago and i designed my whole M&ET module trackplan in it. There isnt one thing i dont like about that program and the cost was just right for me too Thumbsup How do you like it?
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread