RobL's Layout
RobL Wrote:I loved working with Empire Express... I really liked how you can set the minimum radius and the flex track adheres to that rule. I wanted nothing less than a 22" radius and it was nice knowing the software wouldn't let me violate that rule. I am thinking that is part of the reason my track work has worked out so well this time and that my trains aren't jumping off the track... in the past I would always try to rig together a layout with sectional track and of course nothing ever lines up perfectly and bam, trains jump the track!

Overall I couldn't have been happier with Empire Express for the layout planning... the cost was more than fair and the time it saved me when building my benchwork and laying the track was worth every penny. One bit of advice I got from reading the forums was don't go into building without a plan, and while I think it is impossible to have a "perfect plan", either from a piece of software or from good old graph paper, there is certainly a lot to be said for that advice!

--Rob.

I couldnt agree more about the program, i think the makers of it did a very nice job with it. I know Shaun here uses it and likes it as well :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread