What dont you like about this hobby
I guess what I don't like about model RRing is that lessons I (didn't learn) as a young lad have stuck with me all my life. In the late 30s and even the very early 40s, I built model (balsa and paper) airplanes. No one taught me the finesse or niceties of the craft, like sanding before papering, etc. Now, 70 years after that time, I still have difficulties ridding myself of those habits.

I tried weathering and it looks ghastly. I try modifying and bashing and everything looks even worse. My hands shake and it looks like metal pulled together with a magnet and glue dripped al;l over it. Thru many physical problems my memory left for better regions and I can't find out where. Consequently, when you all mention DD, UMD, FP, EMD et al, I haven't any idea of the difference.

HOWEVER, all the above doesn't bother me one whit. I log on here 10-12 times a day because with all my shortcoming I can live the life of a RRer vicariously here by simply reading about it. Not only that, but all the people here seem like very dear friends.

So, what I don't like is so extremely miniscule compared to what I recieve from the hobby that mostly what I do is rear back and enjoy it to the fullest.

Don't think this is the end of me. I am very liable to mount my soapbox in the future and cut loose again. Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx

Messages In This Thread