What dont you like about this hobby
MountainMan Wrote:Why is it that people confuse the "future" with fantasy? Does anyone remember a guy named Jules Verne? His "fantasies" took place in our own world.
Some day, I want to build the "Disney version" of Verne's Nautilus, in 1:87 scale, in drydock!
Gary S Wrote:On the fantasy stuff, Malcolm Furlow had a large scale layout he named "Mexican Hat". It was featured in the September 2003 Model Railroader mag... kind of a wild west sort of thing. I searched the net and didn't find any photos of it. Anyone seen it?
I haven't seen the layout, but I have seen the article in the Sept. '03 MR. Trains, and towns, clinging to the faces of cliffs, with the trains in worse condition than the stone age relics laying all about.
I highly recommend studying Furlow, to see what too much weathering can produce. At the same time, however, there is a good degree of "art" there. Malcom has created a very interesting world , where, in this case, the "present/past" is the fantasy.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread