Genset RP20BD Switching Locos in HO scale?
I'm not sure how to help you. These locomotives are probably not quite RP20BDs, or they are trying a new body shell.

The brass models you linked were NRE gensets, a different manufacturer. You want Railpower (no, not the old HO kit company!).

I'm thinking you could get lucky in the future, Amtrak has a bunch of MK "GP15Ds" and many other new locomotives all have the snub noses and wide open cabs like the M&ET's units, so that will make it easier when they come out. Apparently, Railpower and Motive Power Industries (which i think ate up Morrison Knudsen) use the sam body components, so eventually a matching nose and cab will be out.

the long hood will be the only tough one, since it looks like the extra-height hood is new with these units, and if its not continued (and they stick to their lower hood height), It is unlikely you'll find the components you need easily. You can try to work some Cannon & Co parts into it, but i think that might be problematic.

THe main reason you won't see a model of any of these things soon is because everytime an railroad orders them, they build them differently, and if they are built to differently, it doesn't justify making the molds for them. Your M&ET switchers will probably get left out, only because they aren't like anything on the Class ones (which have a more standard model throughout the country, and have a higher chance of being built).

If you can find some plans, get them, because you'll need them to build your model.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread