Harbor scene... ideas?
Heya guys,
I know this should probably go in the N scale section but I'm hoping I'll get more thoughts and comments here...
I've recently decided I'd like to model a small harbor scene near my refinery/fuel depot and downtown yard. I wasn't thinking anything large... 4"X12" or possibly as large as 6"X18" (in N scale, that would be 53'X160' or 80'X240'). I'm trying to stick to the transition era and I'll have a couple of tracks in near proximity to the waters edge.

Trouble is, I'm not finding much at all in the way of examples or pictures in the real world or the modeling world of what the shoreline would look like. I'm also finding just a scattering of mid sized vessels in the 1:160 range. I seem to remember that the Jerome and Southwestern had a small harbor scene but I can't find any references to it or pictures.

Ideally, I'd like to have a tug boat and maybe a small barge tied up at the waters edge with room for some future craft as I find them. My LHS said that Walthers had a company that offered some boats but I can't find them.

Any and all help, thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

I'll go take a picture of the area and post it in a little bit.

Messages In This Thread