Harbor scene... ideas?
This photo, shows an NtraK 2' X 4' module. The ship in the drydock, is the Lindberg "Bobtail Cruiser" kit (close to 1/160)
The white hull is the Lindberg "Russian Spy Trawler" kit (also close to 1/160) The structure behind the white hull, is a traveling crane I scratched primarily as a "shipbuilding" crane, but could be built for unloading a small freighter.    
This photo is of a Bachmann N scale 200 ton railroad crane, sitting on a scratch built tower. I have two of these for the drydock.    
The sailing vessel in both shots, is a plastic "Clipper"ship kit. I believe it was the "Cutty Sark" the hull is 103' inN scale. It's presently waiting rebuild into a three mast schooner.

For the space you have, a long low one story building, set on a pier, with track running inside the length of it, could represent a warehouse. Multiple sliding doors in the waterfront side would allow moving goods to the pier, and the vessel would load using its own boom, and tackle.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread