Conrail Days at Strasburg.
Me and my girlfriend went up to Strasburg today for Conrail Days. I was a little disappointed as most of the stuff was only being set up today, and unfortunately i couldn't go on Saturday. None of the visiting equipment was opened, and only the GP30 and GP9 had tours. Maybe next year i can stop in and get a better look at things. the one layout that was set up was pretty cool. the Reading and Conrail Historical societies were also cool, yet i could not find anyone with the answers to my bizarre questions on Reading Silverliners and Conrail electrics. looks like I'll have to keep hitting the books.

I did take some pictures though, so hopefully others who do go might fill this thread in with cool stuff. Also picked up a cool "reading" patch-job shirt with the CR over a reading Diamond.

The Strasburg railroad's SW pulled the two visiting NS engines in sometime around three.

[Image: 52110strasburgconrailda.jpg]

You should have heard the moaning and groaning of the track! i thought maybe the six axles of the SD40E was the case, but i watched as little puffs erupted from beneath the tracks. the weight of these heavy engines was cracking the ballast!

the "BP4" battery powered unit-

the SD40E. looks like an SD50 rebuild, and i'm sure the "E" is for environmental. no tours were offered, so i guess I'll find out from someone here.

You all know i loved this

I had some other photos, but nothing particularly exciting. it was an alright day!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread