switchlist and "situational modeling"
Let me try to clearify this a bit.

This "mock up" switch list is "loosely" based on the NYS&W operations. I would suggest building a "master" copy of your switchlist first. This master should include: all customer sidings, all runarounds and passing tracks, any "team tracks", "rip" tracks, or any track or location that you can receive or place rail cars on. Once the master is complete, all it needs is for you to "pick" what needs to be done. You have total control here.

After your master is completed, it's up to you to fill in the blanks. Pick a few railcars from your collection to get started. Starting on "day 1", you can show the cars you "pick" to be on the inbound interchage. Show which customers are to receive cars from those on the interchange and where they are to be placed on thise sidings. On "day 2", show which new cars are arriving at interchange (again, you pick) to be placed and which cars are to be pulled (your choice) from the ones placed the day before.

My suggestion is to start with only a few cars at first until you get the hang of it. Remember, it's like a game. You can change the rules anytime because it's your railroad. If you want to "spice things up", place a few cars on the railroad that were there "from the previous owner". On "day 1" you can pull cars from the sidings as well instead of just putting them in.
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!

Messages In This Thread