Scubadude's Summer 2010 Wood Cutter's Shack Challenge
Exactly!

In the mid-seventies, I was fresh out of college and product design positions were few and far between. I took a job managing a brand new hobby shop in a Mall. It was essentially me ... and me ... six days a week, 13 hours a day until I built clientel to the point where the store was making enough doh-re-me that I could hire a couple high school kids to help out in the afternoons, evenings and on Saturdays. I ended up doing custom builds and custom paint at night and on Sundays for a few extra bucks. [Pennsylvania had "Blue Laws" and we were closed on Sundays.] Model railroading took over my whole life, seven days a week. It very quickly became NOT fun any more! It was business and I never got to do any of my own stuff!

[There was one positive thing, though ... I bought things at cost, which was "40-off" back then. I have enough stuff now to build without buying very much except solvents, adhesives and paints.) Big Grin Big Grin Thumbsup Cheers
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread