Scubadude's Summer 2010 Wood Cutter's Shack Challenge
Progress update.....front wall is completed except for window. After weathering and distressing the slats for the wall, I started nailing, err gluing from the bottom up using a block of wood as a guide to keep it straight, then just proceeded up the wall until about the center, then repeated process from top down, meeting in the middle. I covered the openings for the door and window and overlapped each end. All trimmed up after glue dried. Now that the wall is complete, I do like how the staining technique worked out, very random colors and blemishes. I took a new wire brush to add "character" and dug a few holes here and there and sliced and diced a few boards to add to the effect. Eventually, there will be tools and junk added to the interior frame of the walls. Might take a pin and punch some nail holes over the studs. At the very end, I will rub on some leftover stain to dirty up the frayed and rotten wood holes.

I think it looks pretty good, especially for a rookie..... Thumbsup Hope you can get a feel from the pictures.

Latest lesson learned:
8) Don't lay your ruler in a puddle of glue!

Next step will be to complete the other 3 walls....later Cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread