P5se Camelback's 2010 Summer Structure Challenge GERN Plant
O.K. … I’ve put this off long enough! It’s time to stop agonizing over a decision and make one before this Challenge gets away from me and I have to sprint to catch up (and it’s not pretty watching a guy with COPD sprint!) I am officially throwing my surveying transit and bunches of HO scale LPB’s with shovels and brick hods into the 2010 Big Blue Summer Structure Challenge. There, I said it! :o 357

The subject of my madness shall be a GERN Processing Plant for Lehighton, Penna. Rail service will be provided by the Lehigh Susquehanna & Western. Building permits were applied for on Monday afternoon, September 7th, 1936, and there is every expectation that permits will be granted. A reporter from the Lehighton Evening Leader was seen lurking outside the Building Records office all Monday afternoon, obviously looking for a scoop for tonight’s paper! A spokesman for GERN could not be reached for comment at this time. Wink

Not having ever been involved in a challenge like this before, I shall assume that many “Fo-toes” will be required to document progress and I suppose there is no time like the present to start that process. So here is the "Official Initial Fo-toe” of this entry into the Big Blue 2010 Summer Structure Challenge ...

“Structure Parts Palette”

[Image: StructurePartsPalette-REresizededit.jpg]

Actual materials used will totally depend on the results of a survey of a location which, at this point in time, exists only on a torn-off piece of ancient Canary Tracing paper, torn from a roll left over from when I was a student at Philadelphia College of Art. I can't believe that roll of crappy tracing paper is still usable! Confusedhock:

Let the fun begin! Big Grin Cheers
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread