P5se Camelback's 2010 Summer Structure Challenge GERN Plant
Thanks for the encouragement, fellas! Smile

I feel a little better this morning ... I was just very depressed yesterday because I started the day with the application of a weathering wash on the end wall and then spent a whole day trying to correct it, retracing my steps TWICE, and still ended up in worse shape than I had started the day!

But I've had a few recommendations offered this morning for methods of restoration and I'll have one more cup of coffee and a cranberry/orange zest scone with some whipped butter and then go out to the garage and give the DullCote can a shake and see where we are after that; where we go from there.

Believe me, I'm not a quiter! My daughter even chastised me last night for "giving up!" She said, "You may have missed the deadline, but Dad, you are notorious for being slow, possibly the slowest person in the world, except when driving. But you don't give up. You have to remember, it's been how long - eighteen, twenty years - you will be even slower than usual just getting back into your very slow swing of things ... but you will finish, and it will be another of your really cool models that I remember from when I was little!" [She's a good kid ... I love her!] :!:

So, O.K. ... I'm still "on the job." At the end of the day today, I will photograph where I am in the build and post it. And that's where I'll be ... wherever it is. If I'm close, I'll charrete again tonight and photograph it in the morning's first natural light and post that. And if the building isn't completed, I'll keep working on it and keep posting to this thread until it is finished to my satisfaction! Thumbsup

T.T.F.N.! Big Grin 357
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread