Steamtrains' 2010 Summer structure challenge entry
Thanks for all the kind comments. I enjoy this kind of "stick & plank" building. I picked it up back in my R/C aircraft days.

Update...

After the frames had been glued up, I started on the board 'n batten siding...
[Image: DSCF2493.jpg]

Trying to get the frames to match up with the siding was kind of a ***ch...The routing out of the battens was not quite in line with the blanks, so a little adjusting was required. Overall, I'm kind'a dissapointed with the siding from MicroMark. Apart from this problem, the cut of the blanks was not quite perpendicular to the siding, so that threw things off as well. Also, both sides of the blank end with a batten. So, unless you're building a really tall, skinny building, you have to remove one of the battens on one end, or your joints will be two battens wide.... Wallbang

In any event, I "plowed" ahead, setting up the back walls as well.

I've also painted the "concrete" platform, so I can start "erecting" this baby....

I've got a veritable explosion of parts on the work bench...

[Image: DSCF2494.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2496.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2497.jpg]

Before proceeding with the assembly, I'll have to cut out the window openings, and figure out how to make the entry walls and doors....

Further updates coming soon.... Smile

Note...The frames will be glued on the reverse side of the siding. They're just "mated" on the visible side....
Gus (LC&P).

Messages In This Thread