Staging: Think about it now or.....
Galen, thanks for your comments. Regarding the Galveston branch, I've been thinking quite a bit. Since the layout is on 2" foam on plywood, I could actually hide the branch by cutting out the foam against the wall and have the track go into hiding with a fairly steep grade disguised by a building or trees. Now, the two inch depth would not be quite enough to hide the top of the train, but a small rise in the terrain or some buildings over the top could do that. Maybe even thick bushes or trees. Another option instead of the foam removal would be a big long building with the train sneaking into the interior like Ralph has done.

The prospects of increased operation because of the Galveston branch are very appetizing. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me sooner, but something like this should have been incorporated in my plans all along.

I've also been thinking... since the Santa Fe had a rail line to Galveston (currentlyBNSF) in my time period, I may choose another name for the branch. Maybe look at some maps of the Gulf coast south of Houston for some interesting names and locations to extend the line too.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread