Correspondence with Digitrax
P5se Camelback Wrote:looking at your photos, it is either a production quality problem or a design revision that resulted in a “dimension drift” that wasn’t caught be the draftsman, the drawing checker or the designer and/or engineer responsible for the change, either of whom would also have to sign off on the drawing before the change could be implemented.

The whole thing is rather baffling. As I look at the new UP5, it seems that the metal mounting brackets are just too short at the front. The component boards look the same. That is a simple solution to the issue, but I have already installed the new panels and didn't check this out further.

P5se Camelback Wrote:Kevin’s impulse to “insert washer here” would solve the angle of the mounting but might impact the flushness of the RJ11 receptacle to the faceplate. It would satisfy the verticality but … as I study your photos, it might be just the angle from which it was taken, but it seems that the brackets are moved back but so are the receptacles. Something is definitely awry there!

I checked all the panels - the receptacles on the new UP5s may be back just a little bit, but not enough to make any difference on plugging in the cab. That makes me happy!

P5se Camelback Wrote:Your initial solutions so that you could keep going show and admirable ability to improvise … I like that … shows me that all synapses are firing in the good ol’ brain bucket …

Thank you Sir!

P5se Camelback Wrote:Now … some useful info that I dug up prior to penning my post here …
Digitrax Officers/Founders: Anthony J Ireland & Zana Ireland -- Panama City, FL
Some valuable ammunition that might be discretely refered to in further correspondence would come from Digitrax’s own Mission Statement … “Our company goals are posted throughout our building so that we never lose sight of them:
1. Make Customers Happy
2. Make Good Products & Sell Them At A Fair Price
3. Give Excellent Service to Our Customers
4. Continually Improve Our Products and How We Make Them
5. Have an Enjoyable Workplace"

If the problem were mine, my next email would be addressed to the Tech Support Group at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:techsupport@digitrax.com">techsupport@digitrax.com</a><!-- e -->, and mention that you are awaiting their “timely response.” In two days of non-contact, my next move would be to take them up on their suggestion “…So, don't suffer in silence, give us a call (850) 872-9890 and ask for tech support …” and begin with the admission that you were tired of “suffering in silence” and would appreciate a few answers.

Now, Gary, you follow your own head, but I’m just sayin’ …

Thanks for the research and suggestions. If anything from digitrax shows up in my inbox, I'll let everyone know. If a week goes by and no response, I'll send another cordial email to digitrax.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread