Using photos on structures
Gary S Wrote:Again, I think our brains want to see what they expect to see. There are many things out in the real world that if we modeled them exactly, we would think they didn't look right.

This is something that I might never have completely understood, but...... I had a chance to view some matte paintings, used as background substitutes ( to hide the real background ) in motion pictures. The amazing thing is the real lack of specific detail in those paintings, and the apparent detail in the film. Reason ??? our eyes, and brain, are focused on the "action", not the background.
One of the modules that was part of the "modular group" layout, had a background, hand painted on the skyboard. It wasn't until the eye followed a train through the scene, that the effect was clearly realized. As soon as the eye was following the train, the background became perfect, for exactly the same reasons as the matte paintings work so well in film.

"Seeing", is more a process of the brain, than it is a process of the eye.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread