Good things come in narrow packages
Quote:Track laying is the best part isn't it?
tetters....I don't know if it is the best part (for me), but It is certainly one of my favorite parts. I really do enjoy it and the hours seem to fly by.  Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup

Quote:Steve, don't throw away the ruined flex track. You can remove the ties and straighten and cut 50-60 scale foot rail sections and make flat car loads.
Russ...that is an excellent suggestion! I've seen it done, but I never gave it a thought during this process.........Thank you! Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup

Quote:hopefully the cruddy LHS get your Flex in soon  
Josh...I found out the store that my LHS was going to have it sent from, and it turns out that they are about 12-15 minutes away from where I work.  Big Grin
I went down there myself and my stuff was all wrapped up and waiting for me.......it also turns out that this store has a much better/larger selection!  Thumbsup  Thumbsup  Thumbsup . I guess I have a new LHS!

I put all of that new track to good use. I even broke down and bought a few #6 turnouts (I have 6 in all), so 6 out of 10 ain't bad.
here are a couple of pics.......in the second, the arrow shows where I will be cutting a hole into the wall so that I can have hidden staging in the closet.............I haven't told the wife about that part of the plan.....shhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell her............not that I'm afraid of her or anything............I wear the pants in this family!................................................................I have to go now, she says I've spent enough time on the computer :oops:

[Image: nWxZPq.jpg]

[Image: QFJ1oQ.jpg]
Steve

Messages In This Thread