Thank God I used white glue & l girder
Sumpter250 Wrote:All curves, when possible, should have an elevated approach on the straight main track,

This I knew, hence the long stretch of ties beyond the curve I needed to remove. I just had a brain fart and used a different dimension wood strip than I intended. I can dig your frustration about the club track, as it was the same thing that drove me to redo mine. However I do have a superelevated curve which works fine, you can't tell by the rolling stock as it rolls thru, but if you sight down the track as a loco appears you can tell, and it's nice. That said, in my relaying there is to be no superelevation!

I mentioned in my last post that I was unhappy with a bridge scene. Another brain fart. Here is a pic of the scene which inspired me:

Here is a pic of the scene on the layout. Big problem! I bought the bridge kit and it is a close match for the bridge, I need to add details but it should be close. I built the bridge as it came without thought to the length of the legs. I built it as is and figured I'd bring the roadbed up to it. I didn't think about the scale height. It is obviously too high. But it wasn't until I bought a bus and put it in the photo that it dawned on me. But I had taken some time to build those x braces from etched brass and thin styrene for gusset plates and didn't want to redo them. So I left it knowing that someday I would go back and fix it. Now is as good a time as any!

Oh, the star of this photo is an Erie 2-8-0 which is the first steam kit (MDC, 35 years ago) I built and painted. And in the background is a train hauled by disassembled Athearn 2-8-2. I swapped the tender to a Vanderbilt one by Bachmann and added sound.

Messages In This Thread