Thank God I used white glue & l girder
So, I'm ready to go back to work on the passenger station. It was nice to take a break from it and feel recharged and anxious to get back to it. And it feels great to be able to run the trains which were planned on thru that curve now! I had fun running all my equipment thru, especially since a minimum of tweaking was required. But my days of handlaying are now behind me! A few pics of the yard/station area with the trains recently arrived there:

The Hudson which I metioned earlier (maybe the diameter of its drivers?) in the foreground, a Mikado behind it just brought in that loaded coal train. In the far distance is a Mohawk which had brought in an earlier train, it has been turned on the turntable and is sitting taking on sand, ready for its westbound run.

Another view of the Mohawk at the sanding tower, with the yard switcher preparing the westbound she will be taking charge of shortly. Oh, the yellow dot marks an undertrack magnet, when I noticed it in the photo I remembered a thread by Gary on this topic. I think this method works well.

The NYC geeps in this view from Eddie Willers office will be taking charge of that coal train the Mikado just brought in once the Mike cuts off and the yard switcher removes the JGL hack. The to be completed station is at far right.

Messages In This Thread