GEC's roster thread
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote: ... PRR MP54 EMU ... The sound of an accelerating MP54 is said to have been “the finest in Juice Tradition”

The two little whistle toots from the trainman on the vestiule platform would signal the motorman who, clicking up from one notch to the next, caused the old traction motors to emit a stepped "growl" as the car groaned, rolled forward and often rocked side-to-side as it pulled from the Wayne station, heading for the stop at St. Davids, about a mile closer in towards Philly is a sound that I can still hear in my head, and still mimic with my voice! Just thinking about that sound brings a faint smile to my face.

I rode the "red cars" (even when they were dark green and lettered PC, they were the "red cars") for a couple of decades ... they were great! I missed them when the Silverliners started replacing them ... boring! The toots on the whistle became two buzzes and the car would silently glide away. Very boring!

People would tell you that as the train would leave the station stop before yours, that's the time to get up and head towards the vestibule, as, if no one was prepared to get off and there was no one on the platform, the trainman would do the two "toots" before the train was at a complete stop ... they would only "pause." Big Grin 357
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread