GEC's roster thread
Icon_lol
You know ... I couldn't have told you the name of that book without getting it off the shelf ...

... we just always referred to it as ...
"Bert's Book," and it was considered the bible! Big Grin

But, good Lord, GEC you've got so much motive power ... can you have them all physically on the layout at the same time? I mean PRR, RDG, PC, SEPTA, NJTransit, Conrail ... sounds like a scheduling and maintenance nightmare ... and probably more than a couple display shelves.

GEC Wrote: ... Walthers 1960s era kits, one coach, and the other a combine. Those frighten me, and are horrifically out of scale ...

I have a pair of the old Walthers mP54 kits (an early one in a grey and white striped box - powered by a very low-tech Hyatt power truck - and the second, newer one in a blue and white striped box) that I built during a couple weeks of evenings spent in the barracks up at Ft Devens, MA, using the top of my footlocker as a workbench back during a blizzard and the nasty aftermath in about the winter of 1967, or maybe '68, all brush-painted Tuscan Red tin car sides and everything ... I always thought they looked pretty nice (for the time period and my skill level at the time) and felt pretty good about building them, especially under the conditions and consequences that I did (I mean, they and all tools, parts, paint bottles, etc. had to "disappear" by morning inspection ... I mean totally vanish or be confiscated!) ... but I never did measure them and compare them against dimensioned drawings. In what areas are they out of scale ... just so I can be critical the next time I open the boxes and unwrap the layers of tissue? Big Grin 8-)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread