Easy Removable Loads
Here are a couple of loads I built from bits and pieces lying around my modelling desk (trying to tidy up, really 35 ).

First is a utility pole load inspired by a Paul Dolkos car I saw in one of his pictures. 1/8" dowels aged in a solution of alcohol and India ink for an hour or two. Stacked and glued around a core of basswood (because I did not have enough dowels).
[albumimg]2821[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2820[/albumimg]

Next is a stone block load - I don't know if the prototype of this gon would handle a third block or not. They are placed at the end of the cars to get as much weight over the trucks as possible. Sorry for the poor quailty pics - it's really hard to get the right exposure! The blocks are drywall with the paper removed and drill marks filed into the sides at semi regular spacing.
[albumimg]2822[/albumimg]
[albumimg]2823[/albumimg]

These are removable because they stay in place by themselves and aren't messy if they spill - but mostly because I could not decide which one to glue in place...! Wink

I also have a coal load I showed before at "the other place". I will add it here if I can find the pics. Feel free to add your own ideas!

Andrew

Messages In This Thread