Easy Removable Loads
doctorwayne Wrote:The load and its bracing look great, Andrew. Thumbsup Thumbsup You could make an ad banner using .010" sheet styrene and a couple of styrene stakes. Make the stakes look like wood, and paint the sign in whatever colour you like, then use decals or dry transfers for the lettering. Something like "Another Flux Turbine for GERN from Dominion Turbine of Canada". Substitute your own turbine company's name, and make it larger than the GERN name. Make a sign for both sides of the car, too. Another option would be to compose the sign/banner on your computer, then simply print out a couple of copies. The signs on the crane parts were done this way, and read "Overhead Electric Crane - Built By Dominion Bridge & Tank". The lettering is probably finer than could be done using alphabet sets.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne... And your suggestion made me 35 since it was right in front of me. The reason the flat car needs relettering is because its a Great Northern MOW car - complete with wood stakes, and low wood sides that would be perfect to tack a banner too. I had discarded the "extras' when I decided it would become a revenue car... Now I need to find them...! Icon_lol

Andrew

Messages In This Thread