Tum A Lum Lumber Dealer
When looking for industries for my Oregon Trunk Shelf layout of Redmond Oregon I came across the Tum A Lum Lumber company. The location in Redmond was one of their first ones and it lasted until 2006, which was around the time frame of Home Depot coming to town. The building has a inclosed lumber yard and reatil store for general hardware. Although the building in Redmond was not rail served it was only a few blocks from the tracks and I really liked the company logo. I am essentially taking the company name and function of the building and adding rail service. The small two story building will act as the Hardware store with the offices and commercial sales offices upstaris. The rest of the scene will be of the two lumber sheds set at a 90 degree angle with the addition of an otside loading platform and a ramp. This will allow them to unload the occasional boxcar or flat car. I would think they would mainly recieve Redwood from Califonria and Douglas fir from Western Oregon and Washington. If their was a BIG project in town they may recieve a boxcar of products for a single customer but most likely service would be spotty.

I will post some pictures of the buildings I am using and an overview of the location later today.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread