a new junkyard thread Packard
Charlie B Wrote:Now Dave, wait a minute, you are getting into cars I remember seeing in the showrooms.
I also remember the secrecy involved with the new car showings. The cars were tarped when they were on the delivery trucks and quickly tucked into hiding at the dealerships. It was a big deal to see all the new cars on show day, like an early Christmas. Now you have new car model years out a year in advance, and sometimes no change from makes to models. It has taken a lot of the suspense out of new car showings, heck they don't even have showing dates that I am aware of.
Charlie

Of course I am , I will have nothing past about 55 in my yard -- like the ones we used to prowl in the early 60's or so.

Thats 100 percent correct Charlie, about showing dates. Funny thing a couple of guys & I were just talking about that last week.
I miss those days. Nope
I was working for a Ford dealer when the Falcon came out , it's a POS but none the less people waited 2 hours in line to drive one around the block!
When the 64 T Bird Roadster came out my dealer had one & a rich friend of his wanted it --- BEFORE the intro date -- boss said no dice. The guy went to a little bitty Ford/Merc /Lincoln / Tractor dealership up in the boonies & the guy sold one to him. My Boss reported that to Ford & they jerked the guys dealership!! In those Days when Ford introduced anything new EVERYBODY got one , no matter that they might not EVER find a buyer for it . Thats pretty much why the little dealer let him have it early-- it was his only chance to move it!
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!

Messages In This Thread