What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?

Are Steam, Diesel, Electric or all/some of both?

What are your railroads and what's the rolling stock consist of for deliveries/industries?

Is it Freelance or Compressed Prototype or even exact scale replica?

I am currently running a modern setting, with Conrail as my main railroad, with traffic from BNSF and CSX, and PBNE as a shortline. Since Conrail isn't what it use to be I still make that it is in my setting but limited to their complete engine roster. I was thinking on adding my own railroad as well but still trying to figure out the name for it. The rolling stock consist of local deliveries (Coal, Steel) to anything passing by like autoracks, manifests.

The setting and locations are not configured yet since I don't have a huge space for a layout but it will probably be spring/summer, with a very loosely based Lehigh Valley area. The industries will be based off some of the actual ones around me but to my building specs, there will be:

Steel Mini Mill (metal transportation)
Coal Fired Power Plant (coal)
Coal Loading Facility (small coal tower)

Industrial Park with Plastics Plant, Wood Storage (like 84 Lumber) and some others not determind yet like metal fab shops, production/manufacturing. The most real estate will be the Mini Mill, so far it has grown the 5 feet long and will probably grow another 3 feet when I'm done. There will be a medium sized yard (Conrail), smaller yard (PBNE), and one for Intermodal traffic. Of course all plans are subject to change or modification Goldth

So what are your plans or completed plans for your Railroad/Layout/Engine/Stock?
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.

Messages In This Thread