What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
tomustang Wrote:Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?
1960 - 1975..gives me a little latitude on era appropriate cars, construction, etc.
Are Steam, Diesel, Electric or all/some of both?
Diesel. Still have decisions to make, I only have a couple of GP40s and a nice FA1/FB1 GM&O. dragging my feet on engines until I take the leap to DCC.
What are your railroads and what's the rolling stock consist of for deliveries/industries?

I am partial to Cotton Belt, KCS and Texas & Pacific. You'll find visits by Sante Fe and others eventually. I really like 'em all....
I like all rolling stock, boxcars, gondolas, hoppers, flatcar loads and especially tankers (it IS Texas for cryin' out loud)

Is it Freelance or Compressed Prototype or even exact scale replica?

Freelanced. I am not smart enough nor patient enough to be too prototypical. As long as it makes sense and is era-appropriate, I'm good with that. I have been collecting kits for the last 3 or 4 years to use on the layout, either out-of-the-box or bashed......
WS Nscale City & Town - 13 Main Street building you have all seen a million times
Blair Kits - Pizzaland - which I intend on using Pikestuff sidings to bash into a PizzaBowl bowling alley
Dairy King - gotta have the American Graffiti drive-in with the hot rods
Interstate Fuel & Oil - will be part of diesel maintenance and yard scene - centerpiece of the layout
Sanding and Refueling Station - see above
Various houses for neighborhood scene
Farm scene
Large wooden trestle kit for waterfall feature
Woods Furniture and Miller Bros Lumber Yard to be bashed together
Team Track for LCL for the small town
Yet to be determined sawmill

So what are your plans or completed plans for your Railroad/Layout/Engine/Stock?

The overall feel for the layout feature a double-ended yard/maintenance facility (courtesy of Squidbait) with lumber from sawmill coming from the east, delivery lumber to the furniture factory to the west. Loosely based on North Carolina sawmill scenes to furniture factory and oilfields in Texas.

That's the plan for now, at least until another inspirational thread shows up on THEGauge causing me to change my mind again!
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191

Messages In This Thread