What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
I model the mid 50's, basically 54-57. My previous layotu was goign to include the actual East Penn branch of the reading and I wanted to have the Blandon Low Grade linew in place as well as the Temple hill track, so that made my earliest 1956. I've stretched it a bit so I can run my T-1 steamers. If I ever get to build my 'dream' layout I'll have to once again decide if I want the Low Grade or not - although I lean to having it inluded simply because the price of a nice N-1 to use as a pusher on the Hill track is out of my range right now.
My 'dream' layout would go from staging representing Allentown and east through to Reading, witht he yard modeled. ANd Outer Station - I haven't seen anyone build one of those yet. The various line sout of Reading - mainline north and to Philly, and the Lebenon Valley, would all go to staging/loops. Along the way I would have the S&L maybe up as far as Evansville, the Allentown RR to Kutztown, the C&F up to West Catty with staging representing Catty, I'd throw the Ironton in there as an excuse to buy another of those wonderful Stewart Baldwin switchers. And the Perk maybe down to East Greenville or so, with staging for the rest of that. Depending ont he romm I'd have ot build this in, some of the branches might connect back on one another, say the Catty staging and the Perk Branch staging, for some continuous running even though it certainly wouldn't be realistic. For operations each branch would dead end at the staging yard.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread