What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
tomustang Wrote:Do you have a time frame where you're set, time of year?

I'm trying to stick to the Early Conrail period (1976-1981), though specifically 1979, as that's when the Conrail GG1s finally came off line. For a few months at the end, an E44 and an AEM7 could be seen passing each other.

Quote:Are Steam, Diesel, Electric or all/some of both?

well, I'm probably one of the only people here who can proudly say OVER 50% ELECTRIC. the rest are diesels, mostly 4 axle road switchers and some additional commuter engines.

Basically, the electrics handle just about all the passenger work, and some of the "main" freight, and the 4 axle diesels do the local switching, just like the prototype.

Quote:What are your railroads and what's the rolling stock consist of for deliveries/industries?

Conrail has the largest numbers on my roster, followed by Amtrak and NJ transit (though technically the NJ DOT is more accurate for the time period, and i will add more units to match).

My passenger is handled almost entirely by Comet II push pull cars (NJ Transit or SEPTA, depending on what i feel like), but lately more and more Electric Multiple units are coming online (though they all require additional work for them to be "regulars" on the layout).

My layout currently has only one industry (used to be three, but it was too cluttered so i made one industry expanded). THe Magic Pan bakery gets Insulated and clean lading boxcars, Cornsyrup/vegetable oil tank cars, and various covered hoppers like Air slides and Pneumatic types.

Quote:Is it Freelance or Compressed Prototype or even exact scale replica?

I try to add elements that remind me of that north jersey area outside of New York City that I like, though currently my layout doesn't really match any particular prototype. Its small, I'm only going for that feel. Technically, i could say my layout is in southeast Pennsylvania and run SEPTA equipment instead of NJ transit, and it would still look right. Flexibility is important to me.

Quote:So what are your plans or completed plans for your Railroad/Layout/Engine/Stock?

The current locomotive plan is to acquire more GG1s (approximately 5, one amtrak, three conrail, and a single NJ DOT GG1), Two married pair sets of Arrow IIs (to be painted in NJ DOT/ Penn Central), and to complete a trade for 6 Married pair sets (12 cars) of Arrow III MUs. Powered MP54s by concor may be in my future.

I may attempt a modern ACES train (atlantic city express service), an interesting Bi-level train that has a diesel and an electric on each end of the train, which runs electric down the NEC and diesel to AC, using the electric as a cab control car. Additional freight cars, such as old style autoracks and other 70s era freight equipment to match my Conrail electrics.

I have new plans for an addition, but nothing is set in stone. I am closer now than before to finding a modular solution.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread