What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
Fluesheet Wrote:
MGWSY Wrote:<snip>
Wilbraham, MA MP 89
2 Customers
Traffic - Cement, Trash/Scrap
<snip>

I really admire this type or research MG! Makes it much easier to determine what types of industries "should" be there!

Well Its my area that I grew up in and watched trains and Palmer is where I work out of on the NECR so I know a lot about the traffic and industries on the line which makes it a lot easier to build trains and I know what kind of freight cars fit. Working for a RR also making me notice that a lot of the cars you see just go in a circle back and forth from shipper to customer and are basically in captive service. Now I am also a fan Of the Northeast Corridor and like Commuter trains from Metro North, MBTA, NJT, and LIRR along with Amtrak, AEM-7's are one of my favorite locos as I have a sweet spot for 7000hp electrics, LOL. Now my only problem for the layout is getting the proper CR locos as the Boston Line was primarily GE territory along with Cab signals so foreign power was rare on trains. If someone made C32-8's, C30-7a's, and C39-8's then that would help out a lot. Local's used mainly B23-7 pairs with a GP15 tossed in here and there and SD80Mac's were common on the line to. Now even though I plan on a prototype location I will run anything I have from Steam locos to oddball trains that never ran on the line and even some European stuff I have.
Mark G

Messages In This Thread