What Era, Railroads, & Locomotives are you set on?
Mike Kieran Wrote:Growing up in Brooklyn, NY during the 1970s, I can tell you that graffiti was around during the late 1970s. Cars at various yards around the city were routinely tagged and railroads barely had the money for repaints. This is when I thought that graffiti would also be good weathering for a car since most boxcars were fairly new and not so dirty.

I read my previous reply. I didn't mean that I was going to Brooklynize ONLY Conrail cars. I meant some of my freight car collection. Sorry for the miscommunication. I like Conrail's earlier years because of all of the patch jobs and the eclectic mix of equipment.

I didn't take you to mean only conrail equipment, but i haven't seen much in the way of graffiti in my my photos of that time period. I suppose its either a.) more subtle in the photos/ that time period, or more likely B.) the cars are so dirty you can't see the graffiti anymore! Icon_lol

I would hardly say any of them looked new, but thats just my opinion from my books. If you were there first person, you know better.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread