57 minute train ride down Norwegian mountain
TrainNut Wrote:That was a beautiful ride! I found it interesting how far ahead sometimes the horn was blown before the actual road crossing. What is the difference between the two signs? One is just a horizontal line and the second was a horizontal with a vertical. The horn seemed to sound just a bit more with the plus sign.

Signal 67B - road crossing:
[Image: signal67B.jpg]

Signal 67C - station:
[Image: signal67C.jpg]

Signal 67D - road crossing and station:
[Image: signal67D.jpg]

For all three signals engineer must give signal 83 "train approaching" (long horn)

Here is a list (in Norwegian ...) of train signals of various kinds:
http://www.lovdata.no/cgi-wift/ldles?doc...tml#map036

Quote:Lots of neat waterfalls. I especially liked the one at 30:34 but there was a brief shot of a much bigger one further down I'd of liked to have seen more of. What was the reason for the stop inside the Kjosfossen tunnel other than to clean the camera lense?

Mmm - not sure why they stopped in the tunnel. They stop the cars at Kjosfossen so the tourists can get some pictures.

In the summertime there is someone playing "Huldra" (a mythological female creature that would turn men's heads so they walked straight into the water and drowned) up by the waterfall.

Quote:Also, was the train we passed at the Berekvan station similar to the one the video was shot from?

Yep - only passenger traffic with standard consists on FlÄmsbana.

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread