What In The Wide Wide World Of Sports????
Charlie B Wrote:Don, I had to put up with regulation stupidity from regulators that wanted to interpret rules their way rather then the way they were
written.
I remember seeing a white paper that NBC did on OSHA many years ago, and I remember 2 items that companies were cited over. One was a typewriter that had no grounding cord, (IT WAS A MANUAL TYPEWRITTER), and the other was a light that was 30 feet in the air with no ground wire.
It would be Politically incorrect to say that some of these enforcement guys had relatives in the agency.
Charlie
A friend was telling me the other day about someone that was in the gutter cleaning business. His employee would climb a ladder to get to the gutters and he needed a safety harness and a place to attach it. Since he couldn't attach it to the ladder, OSHA decided he needed to get a "cherry picker" truck and hang the bucket over the ladder as a place to attach the harness. Most people couldn't stay in business conforming to all that nonsense. Fortunately, we never had OSHA come to our place of business, I'm afraid we'd shut down before we jumped through their hoops. Not that we were careless, we had our own rules, they just made common sense, something most OSHA inspectors fail to recognize.

BTW, there is just one tiny red LED inside this FRED running the whole thing... Well, there is a ten million candlepower light amplifier and a nuclear generator to run it which is why most of you think it's a nuclear transport car. Wink Wink
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread