2-6-0 kitbash
A fair observation, to be sure ... however I believe I'd be safe in saying that the point being made was not so much that a diminutive D-Class Pennsy locomotive would be out of place on the Kish Valley RR as would a N&W "J" Class or a UP Big Boy or a Challenger, or say an NP Class "A" Northern.

Small, older and local is one thing, but large and from some distant location is a bit more difficult to justify. My own Lehigh Susquehanna & Western has a motive power roster of almost entirely smallish ex-Reading Company Wooten fireboxed Camelbacks, and half of them are Consolidations. But they are all smaller pieces of equipment, they are far from new in the era that I am modeling and as I model Northeastern Pennsylvania, they are therefore, at least in my book, believable as LS&W power. If I were to acquire a an Espee GS-4 to "haul the mail" to Scranton, THAT would be a dichotomy, no matter how it was painted and lettered!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread