MTC Tie Loading Dock
First, a model railroad club (or its asssociated "layout," if it even has one) ... could be just four guys building rolling stock kits ... its a club and its focus is model railroading. It does not necessarily have to even meet at the school, just organized there!

I will type this slowly ... but I want you to read it, not just quickly "skim" it like another young gun we know. Think in broad terms ... see a bigger picture.

We had a hot rod club when I was in high school. The school had no automotive shop or anything even remotely like that. In fact, they didn't particularly like us even revving our engines on school property. We were a loose group of guys, we met after school for an hour or so in the parking lot (which was several hundred yards from the building) until the school sent someone down to tell us to leave. But we still had our little club, and we would gather again at the hamburger/milkshake dive down the road in the evening for a couple of hours for a Coke and some fries and a little drag racing up US 30 in Villanova until the local Radnor Township cops made us leave. (Then they'd call my Dad, the local Methodist minister, to tell him what I'd been doing.) But I digress.

The point is, if you would like a club, YOU can make it happen ... and the school-sponsored model club is the place to "drum up members." Now, go read up on modules ... they are a great club thing, everybody builds their own and the school wouldn't need to even be involved except to maybe lend their name, something they might consider if you are all very well-behaved. And then you can put the modules together as a show/display during November (National Model Railroad Month) every year and the school will love the publicity. Are you starting to see what I'm saying? I'm suggesting that you take the initiative to market the idea and organize a small group (remember those four guys I referred to earlier?) ... that's more or less what I was saying in my earlier post. Read that earlier post again ... see what I was trying to tell you?

And second ... I think some of our "older guy" humor is lost on you younger fellas ... please Google "Jimmy Hoffa."
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread