Newbie...Hi Ya'll
Newbie from Michigan(Metro Detroit area)Hi Ya'll,just wanted to say Hi,and tell you a little bit about myself.I have been a model railroader and railfan for about 15 years.I have had at least 2 HO model layouts(nothing to write home about).I model HO and modern era trains.My railroad is CSX,NS,former Conrail.Although i do love all trains,Steam,Diesel,Alco,EMD,GE.

My favorite railfan spot is Detroit,Michigan(Dearborn st and I-75)where CP Rail,CN,CSX,NS interchange trackage.Close by is the CSX Dearboarn yard and the former Conrail Yard.

I am in the process of collecting Ho rolling stock for a future "Switching Layout",which will be based primarily on the Autobile industry and other industry's.No track plan as of yet,but it will include 6 auto supplier companys,a liquid propane supplier,a commercial bakery,cement plant,auto loading facility,die stamping plant.My era is late 1990's(before the take-over of Conrail )and i will be modeling industrial type switching.All my structures will be scratch-built(oh what fun),cause basically their are no modern era structures avaliable for industrial type buildings.All my track will be hand laid with real wooden ties,etc.I am a stickler for "detail".

All my rolling stock will consist of RP25 scale wheel sets and Athearn Genesis 70 & 100 ton trucks.(I really like the roller bearing caps that move) Big Grin

My other hobbies include collecting 1:18th scale diecast muscle cars(Chevy,Dodge,Plymouth)by Highway 61,Ertl,Autoworld,GMP,also collect 1:24th Diecast NHRA Funnycars.I love Drag racing! Worship
Don Shriner

Messages In This Thread