Southern Pacific Switching Layout
Well...The time has come for me to build another layout, I liked my Miami Layout, but I realized that I was never going to be able to finish it, due to a number of reasons, But I learned greatly from that layout, Most importantly I learned not to go too fast when building a layout, and not to overestimate my modeling ability.

Now I present you the track-plan for my HO-scale Southern Pacific Switching Layout:
[Image: SouthernPacificSwitchingLayout.jpg?t=1286422379]

The layout is set at the end of a fictional branch-line of the Southern Pacific somewhere in Southern Oregon. The reason I choose this theme is because my Childhood memories of trains were of the Southern Pacific, I remember when I was little I used to watch a train video about Southern Pacific in Oregon. The layout is designed so I can change Eras easily, I plan to run it mostly in the 1990's since That was when my earliest train memories occurred.

I do not plan on getting benchwork up until next month so there won't be much pictures until then, however I do plan on cleaning my room up in the next few days so I can take some pictures of the layout space, I will also be setting up a simple 4x8 in the trainroom over the weekend so whenever I feel the need to fun trains I can go out there and run some laps.
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread