Southern Pacific Switching Layout
Justin,

Glad to see some progress and more importantly, glad to hear you're operating and having FUN! Thumbsup

I use foam primarily for scenic landforms. Even so, it's the white beaded variety. I find it makes just as much or less mess than the pink or blue stuff, depending on how you cut it. It's what Woodland Scenics uses for their trackbed system risers.

As for planning changes, my wife recently suggested we think about getting a fold-out couch/bed for the bonus room where my trains are - for guests. Then we could move my trains into the spare room which is currently her sewing room and our guest room, and then...and then...

Suffice it to say we killed that idea in conversation. Even so, it made me realize I want to get my layout to a level of completion where all track is laid and at least one key scene is completely scenicked, details and all. So this week while I'm off I'll be building a backdrop and pressing on toward the goals I've set.

That said, do you have any concrete goals for construction? Whether you keep them or not, it's good to have some written down, even in a journal or here on this thread. If you don't manage to keep them you can determine why they weren't the right goals (overly ambitious, too many, to complex, etc.) and make better, more achievable goals. If you blow them out of the water and accomplish twice as much as you'd hoped then you'll have a better idea of your abilities!

Don't make new year's resolutions, set layout goals!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread