Poll: Do You run DC or DCC
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DC
32.69%
17 32.69%
DCC
63.46%
33 63.46%
Arm chair
3.85%
2 3.85%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DC/DCC
Charlie B Wrote:The more sophisticated a system becomes, the more chance there is for a problem. I have DCC, but only because of the sound and other abilities like lights and being able to run more than one train at a time. That being said, I will probably put basic decoders in some of my DC locomotives, and any new ones I get, but no more sound unless it is the only way I can get a unit I want. I have several locomotives that have to be reset constantly, and are going back to be repaired, but it is nice to mute the sound and just let the trains run, even though I don't mind the sound when I'm using it.
Charlie

Well,since you mention it..

I have read complaints about this or that locomotive not running right on DCC but,it perform flawlessly on DC when tested.

iF these was DCC novices having problems I would simply call inexperience however,these are season DCC users discussing the problem.

Time was when the DCC guys and gals said it does away with wiring now,its advisable to have DCC power districts-aka old fashion power blocks.

These same folk advised it was ok to run a DC locomotive a DCC layout using address "00"..Now its no longer advisable..

DCC/Sound needs spotless clean track-nothing like a sound equipped locomotive stalling on dirty track and going through the start up sequence.

My point?

Seems to be a tad more aggravation with DCC in some areas..

Which leads to a age old question.

Does the good outweigh the bad?

I suppose to many yes to others no.

Like DC,DCC is far from the prefect method of running trains.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!

Messages In This Thread