Bridge at Forest Hill Blvd
Off to a good start on this bridge. Forest Hill Blvd is a minor sidestreet in an older neighborhood. I like this one alot, the concrete work, the paint, the I-beam bridge. I didn't take any actual measurements of the prototype, but did use BingMaps and GoogleEarth to get overall dimensions, then used that to "proportionalize" everything else, basically just used my intuition to make things "look" about the same as in the proto pictures. I did have the 13' - 3" clearance from the bridge sign as something to work from. I am guessing that the bridge and concrete was painted to cover up all the graffiti which was most likely on it.

The real thing...

The model bridge itself. The I-beams where made from plastic strip, the rivets are JB Kwik epoxy dotted on with a tooth pick. There are actually more rivets on the prototype, but I didn't take the time to do all of them. :?

Some of the concrete pieces cut out and built up:

Test fit on the layout

Pieces painted. I made them a bit more weathered and distressed than the real thing, plus I am still going to add the scrapes down to the concrete which are on the real thing.

Will be working on getting them in place on the layout this evening. Thumbsup
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread