E-paw's EOY challenge.
Just when I thought I was finished Christmas comes around and a gift from my wife shines some light on a neglected detail on the K-1. She gave me a bunch of back issues from the Anthracite Railroad historical society's magazine called "Flags, Diamonds, and Statues ." In volume 16 #3, there is a rear shot of K-1as # 446 that shows a canvas weather canopy tied up on the rear cab roof. This was something that I just had to add. I used an idea that I saw here on Big Blue to simulate the canvas tarp using old teabags ( sorry, I just don't remember who it was or I would give them credit ). The Teabag was cut to shape, Tied with some string, and glued in place with some CA.     A nice finishing touch to the model.

Also, while I was digging around in my parts box I came across my first two attempts at making the frame for this model.    

One was soldered together from brass pieces, and the other I milled from a solid chunk of brass. I was not happy with the way that either of these came out and ended up modifying a Mantua frame to fit.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  

Messages In This Thread