Unstoppable -- new train movie
I just got back from seeing Unstoppable - I enjoyed it a lot. It was nearly as out there as the trailer made it seem. In fact I was more annoyed at the plot device involving the executive than at any errors in the train stuff.
There's not much use of the F-bomb, if there wa, it would have gotten an R rating. It's not clean, but if your kids are in public school they've ALREADY heard all those words contrary to your best efforts to protect them. There's a huge difference between hearing the words and using them. I'll never forget, whe I had just started kindergarten, one night at the dinner table I just had to find out what this word I heard some older kids using meant. So compeltely innocently, I said "Dad, what does F... mean?" As anyone who is a parent knows - those times when your kid does somethign you don;t want them to do but it's just too funny NOT to laugh? This was one of those times. I forget exaclty what happened after that, but I didn;t get in trouble, because I was only asking an innocent question. As for using those kind of words, I didn't, at least not in front of my parents, until I wa smuch older. I was rather upset at things that were happening in my life and dropped a few F bombs to my mom - and immediately stopped ranting and apologized. I won;t say I don;t talk like that - at times I certainly do. But to speak endless streams of profanity? No, and believe me, I've heard them all. WHen I was a teenager I worked with my neighbor, a truck driver - and I learned things like forms of measurement that aren't English OR Metric.
In short, it's not a movie for a 4 year old, but 8+, I would take my 8 year old to see this, if it was out 7 years ago when he was 8.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread